Tuesday 13 May 2008

Argentina 5 Malaysia 0, football? NOT!

Before I begin, I must say been a busy week and did not have time to write. Anyway, there are some interesting sports happenings and of course, I managed to find some time to write about it.

Saw the score of the 5-0 thrashing by Argentina in the Sultan Azlan Shah and was wondering what has happened to our hockey team. Of course, I did not get to catch the game but that was immaterial as the score sums it all up.

I managed to catch the New Zealand game on Sunday and I must say I was slightly impressed by our chaps. Of course, it did not help that the Kiwis made us look good and it seemed peculiar that we actually won the game.

Well, my suspicions are confirmed when Argentina thrashed us. Okay, people would say that Argentina is also a hockey powerhouse but how can we explain that we have fallen behind them in the pecking order?

For crying out loud, Argentina is more known for football rather than hockey as Malaysia is well known for badminton that football. What has happened?

I really don't know, I suspect mentally, the players are not there; no pride in wearing the national colours and of course, inconsistency, the bane of all Malaysian sportsmen except Nicol David.

Once again the coaches will sing the same old praise which I quote when I was reporting "pleased with the boys attitude and bla, bla". Main thing is just admit it. Nothing wrong, the results is obvious. You cannot lie in sports unless the match was fixed as the results explains everything.

No comments: