Monday 28 April 2008

FLASHBACK TO REXY




Thought I'd share a moment with one of my favourite badminton players of all time, Rexy Mainaky. My favourite pair was him and Ricky Subagja.

Here is a pix of my Assumption Church badminton team at the PJ Churches badminton tournament where we finished second quite a while ago :( Sad.

Need a platform to show everyone and I thought this is a good starting point.

Nonetheless quite happy we got a photo taken as I loved his flamboyant and stylish play. Never seen anyone as quick as him and when I saw him play singles for SFX church, the accuracy and power and of course, speed was there. Don't bother that the opponent was a 'fish' but the crux of the matter is that I am witnessing something great from a few cm away. Even if I had half of his skills, I would be freaking happy.

2 comments:

rizal hashim said...

Yo Gooner (are goners),


Rexy is probably second only to Park Joo Bong as the greatest doubles player ever, therefore I envy you for having had the chance to share the court with him!

Freak On A Leash said...

Well, yea at the side when he was playing as my side did not have the chance to go up against him. But still, was overwhelmed and in awe of his repertoire of skills.