Sunday 20 April 2008

AT THE OLYMPIC TORCH RUN 2008

Me thinks I will be part of history today by being at the route of the Olympic torch run. I am just minutes away from this. Well, this will probably be my first and last and I would like to just witness this historic occasion for the country.
My only fear is the protesters but I guess, we, as a peaceful country won't experience this. Saw the list of torchbearers and it reads like a who's who list of the Malaysian sports scene. Anyway, as a former sports journo, kind of excited as you wonder how this ppl would look after many years away from the backpages of the sports pages - that's how I start my day, from the backpages and I think many sports aficionados do the same.
Will update my blog later once I witness this occasion. With so much of good and bad publicity surrounding it, one must be there to comment and feel the occasion.

No comments: